Abstract of Zhanjiang Museum
Zhanjiang Museum is a local comprehensive museum, located at No. 50 nanfang Road, Chikan District, Zhanjiang city.In 1960, the industrial exhibition hall was built on the present site, and in 1961, the Zhanjiang Special Area Museum was established on the former site. Later, the Anti-japanese Reform Memorial Hall of zhanjiang People (founded in 1957) was merged into the museum.In 1968, it was changed into the Exhibition hall of MAO Zedong Thought in Zhanjiang area; in 1972, it was changed into the Exhibition hall of Zhanjiang Area; in 1973, the exhibition hall of Industry and agriculture in Zhanjiang area was merged into the exhibition hall of Zhanjiang Area; in 1975, it was changed into Zhanjiang Area Museum; in 1983, it was renamed as Zhanjiang City Museum with the inscription of Dong Biwu.
The museum covers an area of 27,000 square meters, with a bonsai garden, tablet garden, stone dog garden, the exhibition building is six floors high, south to north, the construction area of 6,000 square meters, 4500 square meters exhibition hall area.The museum has seven galleries on the first floor to the third floor,basic display named “Display of Zhanjiang people struggle against France”“Display of zhanjiang port one hundred history-from Guangzhou Bay to Zhanjiang”“Guangdong and Guangxi Border Region Revolutionary Struggle History Exhibition”“Ancient bronze drums are displayed in the collection”“Ceramics collection display”“Zhanjiang Intangible Cultural Heritage Exhibition”“Guangzhou Bay Period historical restoration exhibition”.The museum is open to the public free of charge. In addition to basic exhibitions, it holds a number of temporary exhibitions every year and receives an average of 500,000 visitors per year.It has signed a moral education base agreement with more than 50 primary and secondary schools in the city, and built a political and ideological education base for college students with the College of Biochemistry of Zhanjiang Normal University. It is a provincial and municipal patriotism education base, and was awarded as the National Cultural Relic System Excellent Patriotism education base in 1995.
Abstract of “The former site of French Minister's Office in Guangzhou Bay”
The former site of the French Minister's Office in Guangzhou Bay, formerly known as the Minister's Hall, was built in 1903 and was originally the residence of the French government in China in Guangzhou Bay after 1899 (the 25th year of Guangxu Dynasty).From 1943 to 1945, it was the Japanese Occupying Army in Guangzhou Bay.On September 21, 1945, after the victory of the War of Resistance against Japanese Aggression, the Government of the Republic of China took back Guangzhou Bay and established Zhanjiang City.After the liberation of Zhanjiang in 1949, the people's government of Zhanjiang also stayed there until 1954.
The 3 floors (including basement) of the“The former site of French Minister's Office in Guangzhou Bay” covers a total area of 1902 square meters.The buliding existing French fireplaces, wooden doors, Windows and staircases are typical of modern western colonial architecture.It was announced as a cultural relic site under the protection of Zhanjiang city in 1986 and guangdong Province in 2002. It was put under the management and use of Zhanjiang Museum, which planned various exhibitions and opened them to the public free of charge.In 2012, the former site of the Ministry of Public Affairs and the surrounding French buildings were declared a higher level of cultural relic protection unit to the state.In May 2013, the former site of the French Minister's Office in Guangzhou Bay and the former site of the French Military headquarters in Guangzhou Bay (commonly known as the Green Clothes Building) was officially declared by the People's Republic of China as a state-level key cultural relic under state protection.The former site of The French Minister's Office and the French Army headquarters in Guangzhou Bay are the evidence of the century-old history of Zhanjiang city, which are important cultural relics for modern and modern history education and patriotism education.
Abstract of “Former residence of General Chen Mingren”
The exhibition hall of General Chen Mingren's old residence is located at No. 30, Xinghua Road, Chikan District, covering an area of 1519 square meters with a construction area of 494 square meters.The two small houses in the old house belong to French architecture, built in the 1930s, the sitting direction of the two buildings, the layout and building materials are the same, as a result of overlooking the plane shape like two planes, the old neighbors also called here "aircraft building".General Chen Mingren lived in Zhanjiang during his garrison there.According to the requirements of the municipal party committee municipal government deployment and, general ming-jen Chen former residence construction was incorporated into one of 15 pieces of people's livelihood and overseeing project of zhanjiang in 2013, after interior and exterior wall reinforcement and maintenance and the surrounding environment renovation and a series of drainage after repair, in September 2014 by the radio and television news and publication over to zhanjiang zhanjiang culture museum management.
After the opening of the exhibition hall of General Chen Mingren's old residence, it has received tens of thousands of people including provincial and municipal leaders, general's family members and tourists from all sides.In addition to the general ming-jen Chen life exhibition, the center of the city museum also cooperate to promote the party and government work, held at the museum "zhanjiang migrant workers into the opening ceremony of the patriotism education base", "the seventieth anniversary of the victory of Anti-Japanese War exhibition""Marine silk road - zhanjiang cultural heritage exhibition", etc., and in the "5 · 18 international museum day", "Chinese culture heritage day" and other related anniversaries held exhibitions.The former residence also set up a youth activity room, held activities in cooperation with the school from time to time, opened a “second class” for students, and carried forward the excellent traditional culture of the Chinese nation.
Our museum will continue to hold a series of exhibition activities, cultivate a dynamic team of volunteers, committed to building a distinctive exhibition hall and patriotism education base.